In the last post I listed some human foods dogs can’t eat. If you miss it, you can find the list here. It’s important to understand what types of food you can share with your furry friends. On this post, we are going to look at 5 common foods dogs can eat. These could be used to make some tasty treats for your fur babies.
5 Human Foods Dogs Can Eat:
- Eggs (Easter treats): Eggs can be a good source of protein for your dog. However, it is important that you cook them all the way through. If eggs are raw, they can cause some issues to your dog’s stomach.
- Cheese (in moderation): Many people use cheese as a treat while they are training their dogs. Dogs love cheese. However, try to keep it to a minimum because cheese is high in fat and there are numerous dogs that are lactose intolerant.
- Meats: Most meats should be fine, providing they are not doused in seasoning or garlic. Of course, make sure that the meat is fully cooked. While dogs are able to deal with bacteria a little bit better than humans, you still want to minimize the risk as much as possible.
- Yogurt: Not only is it safe to give your dog yogurt, it is encouraged that you give it to your furry friend. There is active bacteria inside which can have a positive impact on the digestive system of your pet. However, make sure that it is natural plain yogurt. You do not want anything with added sugar; it is not beneficial to your dog.
- Coconut: This is great for strengthening the immune system. Coconut consumption can also help clear up skin conditions and the like. Do not let your dog eat the shell of the coconut.
Other human foods dogs can eat: Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Green Beans, Honey, Kiwi, Mango, Oatmeal, Peaches, Peanut Butter, Pears, Pineapple, Potatoes (cooked skins removed), Pumpkin, Rice and Sweet Potato.
Some Helpful Tips:
- Some types of food should be kept in moderation. The picture below demonstrates what types of food you shouldn’t give your fur baby too much:
- If your dog suffers diarrhea or vomiting problems, it is important to remove all their food for 12 hour. After that, feeding him with white rice and plain cooked chicken can help improve his stool consistency. You can find more information on how to stop diarrhea/vomiting in dogs.
- There are numerous tasty treats you can make at home for your dog based on this list. If you want to learn how to make healthy and simple homemade dog treats for your furry friend, click here.
Thanks for reading, leave me some comments below and let me know your thoughts.